Wednesday 25 June 2008

How do we live without a mobile phone???

Mood: Not too bad.

Imagine the world without the use of computers or the internet. Without the satellite navigator when you are driving. Without the CCTV cameras all around you. Without the telephone - and oh yes! Without the mobile phone! Can you imagine leaving the house without checking your bag or your pocket and asking, 'Have I got my mobile phone with me?' For most, it is quite difficult to imagine.

Wikipedia says that it was in 1978 that a trial of the first commercial cellular was launched. Click here to find out more.

I grew up without a mobile phone. In fact, it was only when I was in college and a few years after that I noticed its existence. Shortly before the year 2000, I bought my first-ever mobile phone. I am never without it since then. Now I have been thinking, what would I do without a mobile phone? Hhhhhmmm...how's my lunchtime going to be without it? I would probably be reading books at lunch, instead of texting away! If I didn't have it, I would probably be always worrying about my family in the Philippines because it wouldn't be that easy to make contact. Perhaps, without a mobile phone, life is simpler but less convenient. Technology never ceases to amaze me and that includes mobile phones. I don't keep changing my mobile to the most advanced and the latest models in the market all the time. I am quite satisfied with the simple functions like just texting, phoning and storing names, numbers and addresses. With my family away from me, I cannot imagine living without a mobile phone. It is an essential for me. But maybe it is just me, really. Maybe I just think it is essential. Maybe I can live without it. Oh, well.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Would love to have one of the latest Nokia model. I just know they are user-friendly and 'uncomplicated'.Right now, I don't have a cellphone, thanks goodness, I'm getting by ;-)

Shiphire said...

Love your post!

Mobile phone is a device I can;t survive without it!

Anonymous said...

I am totally useless without my mobile. It is more of a necessity with today's fast paced world, gone were the days when Mobile phones was just a status symbol.