Wednesday 16 July 2008

A dream that became a story

Mood: A little bit irritated due to virus on the computer - which I was able to remove, thank God! Have you ever had a dream so vivid that you felt it was real? So clear youc ould smell and almost taste it? I have....and I entered it into a contest. Waterstones, one of England's largest book shops (more like National Bookstore in the Philippines I suppose) launched a contest called 'What's Yours Story?' The story must be able to fit in a storyc ard that they provided (just a little bit bigger than a post card actually). I thought it would be cool to join and submit an entry. So, I wrote this dream that I had a month or so ago and sent it to them. Announcement of winners will be in a few days I think. I would like to share with you what 'My Story' was, here it is: The Voices of Wealth She knew at that moment she was surrounded with wealth. It was all over her. All above and under her. She could feel it. She could smell it. But she couldn’t understand why she couldn’t see them. She looked around her but the wealth was invisible. ‘We are here,’ one voice from her right side whispered. ‘We are here, another voice whispered from the foot of the bed. ‘We are here,’ for the third time, the Wealth said in unison, in three different voices. Then the Wealth asked, ‘Where do you want us to appear?’ She opened her mouth to speak. But something happened. Something she did not like. There was a noise - one tiny noise from somewhere - that made her open her eyes. The noise that awakened her…and stopped her beautiful dream. She did not like it. For it was only…a dream.

4 comments:

Siddhartha said...

Thank God you got rid of virus. I doubt some malware is disconnecting me from Internet every now and then. Remedy: Yet to be detected.

ruthinian said...

Nice dream and story. This has significant meaning. Hope you win the contest.

Gina said...

That is very good Len. Hope your entry wins.

good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi Len, I wish you really well, hope you win. It is such a meaningful story, a meaningful dream. Nice blog by the way, thanks for referring us to your conversations with self blog.